1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means collectively the personal information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Web Site;
“Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by Major Projects Knowledge Hub when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site.
“Data” means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
“Knowledge Hub” is owned by MYKHUB.NET LIMITED and is the tool used to host the Major Projects Community.
“Major Projects Community” is the community group of the Major Projects Knowledge Hub.
“Major Projects Knowledge Hub” is owned by the Major Projects Association.
“Name” means Major Projects Knowledge Hub
“Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Major Projects Knowledge Hub makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
“System” means any online communications infrastructure that Major Projects Knowledge Hub makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to Major Projects Community forum, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
“User” / “Users” means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Major Projects Association and acting in the course of their employment; and
“Web Site” means the website that you are currently using (Major Projects Knowledge Hub).
2. Data Collected
Without limitation, any of the following Data may be collected:
- Profile image
- Major Projects
- Contact information such as email addresses, social media details and telephone numbers
- Preferences and interests;
- Comments on resources and news
- IP address (automatically collected);
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLS starting with a referring site, your activity on this Web Site, and the site you exit to (automatically collected); and
- Cookie information (see item 8 below)
3. Our Use of Data
Any personal Data submitted will be retained by the Major Projects Knowledge Hub for as long as you use the Services and Systems provided on the Web Site.
All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using the Web Site. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Improvement of our products / services;
- Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Web Site.
4. Third Party Web Sites and Services
Major Projects Knowledge Hub will share your Data with Knowledge Hub for the purposes of setting up an account within the Major Projects Community. Knowledge Hub will share Data related to discussions threads with Major Projects Knowledge Hub.
Major Projects Knowledge Hub may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Major Projects Knowledge Hub requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
5. Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of the Web Site without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available on the Web Site you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
6. Accessing and removing your own Data
- You may access your Account at any time to view or amend Data associated with your profile. You may need to modify or update this Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data as to your marketing preferences may also be stored and you may change this at any time.
- If you wish us to amend any other Data or remove any Data we hold about you, please email us at email@example.com
When collecting Data from you, Major Projects Knowledge Hub follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the Data during both transmission and storage. However no method of transmission on the Internet or electronic storage can be completely secure and Major Projects Knowledge Hub gives no warranty as to absolute security.
- Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to help provide anonymous web analytics for our website.
|_ga||Used to distinguish users||2 years|
|_gat||Used to throttle request rate||30 minutes</|
|seen-cookie-message||Used to indicate you have seen the cookie message||30 days|
|bp-activity-oldestpage||Used to indicate what page you are on||Session|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Tests whether or not the browser has cookies enabled||24 hours|
|wp-settings-time-1||Used to customise the website interface||1 year|
If you have any concerns about cookies, or want to remove cookies from your computer, please visit All About Cookies which explains how to do this.
Collection of personal information
If you contact us via a form on our website your personal information will only be used for us to contact you.
No personal data you send us will be disclosed to a third party without your permission
If you wish us to remove any personal details we hold about you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org