This report is useful for decision-makers grappling with the challenge of designing and delivering infrastructure planning and prioritisation processes that can:
• enhance the value delivered by a national infrastructure system;
• ensure that infrastructure strategies support the achievement of national priorities
The report is also useful to a wider audience of financial institutions, private infrastructure developers and infrastructure consultants and contractors. It draws on international best practice to describe three stages of national infrastructure planning:1. establishing a national vision for infrastructure;2. conducting a national infrastructure needs assessment;3. creating a national infrastructure strategy.Finally, the report provides insight and advice on six key aspects of the enabling environment for national infrastructure planning:
1. the institutional framework;
2. fiscal capacity and private finance;
3. data to support decision-making;
4. stakeholder buy-in and consultation;
5. legal and regulatory frameworks;
6. human capacity and capability requirements.
Illustrative case studies are used throughout, and we also include pointers to other sources of useful guidance.
This resource is hosted on an external website.Read the full resource
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.